PS! We have published a new article that gives a clear overview of 1oT Terminal eSIM management capabilities.
The 1oT Terminal is a platform where cellular-based IoT devices can be monitored and managed hassle-free. In this post we wish to introduce basic functions users can apply on the platform and show how our web based application looks like (as of August 2017).
Once users log in, they are welcomed by the dashboard from where they can see quick overview of their SIMs. User can see amount of SIMs with data usage, top consuming SIMs and Account data usage for the selected period (Today, Yesterday, Last 7 days, This month, Previous month, Last 30 days). When clicking on the downward pointing arrows, a View of active countries appears:
Under the map, a user can also do a quick query by SIM, as seen on the last screenshot.
First tab: SIMs
The SIMs tab provides a quick overview of all the SIMs associated with the account. The user can receive different information, for example on the usage and cost of the data and the time of the last activity. The top part of the page contains different filters that can be applied, making searching SIMs within certain time period easier. The table also provides a quick access to the tools necessary to control SIMs, such as enabling/disabling functionality, changing data limits and more.
Clicking on a specific SIM will take the user to a more detailed view, where they can get information about specific data sessions of the SIM.
Second tab: Pricing
This tab displays the subscribed pricing plans. Clicking on a plan reveals additional information like monthly fees, amount of data included in the plan and also a list of supported countries in a particular plan. The user can also expand a specific country to see which mobile operators are supported in that country.
Third tab: External APIs (app from Terminal apps)
Through this tab, user can bring in data from Cisco Jasper and manage everything via 1oT Terminal.
Fourth tab: Analytics (app from Terminal apps)
Analytics – A powerful, easy-to-use tool to help you analyze and visualize data: identify trends, optimise, detect patterns and search efficiently. The tool enables to import all relevant device & sensor data to the 1oT Terminal and supports 8 chart types to create your own personalised analytics dashboard.
Fifth tab: Billing reports
From Billing report user can see the amount of SIMs for current month, how much date has been used and all invoices up to date. User can also change Default payment method and unsubscribe SIMs from there.
Sixth tab: Notifications
Definitely, one of the most useful tabs. As the name indicates, under this tab the user can set up notifications for different events or occurrences, e.g.: SIM is using too much data, SIM is not using enough data, SIM has exceeded x MB data usage, SIM comes online in a different country, etc.
Notifications can be set for all SIMs, groups or particular ones from the list.
Once a notification gets triggered, the system will send the user (or multiple users) an email or an HTTP request. Users can also check alert log comfortably from the Alerts tab:
Seventh tab: API
Through this tab, more technical users can set up their API access. Users have to generate an API password and whitelist any IP they might access the API from. A dynamic API documentation is also available, where users can test the capabilities of the API right in their browser.
From account tab, a company owner or administrator can give multiple people access to 1oT terminal.
The newest feature of the 1oT Terminal is the self-service store. A user can order new SIMs from 1oT without any hassle by just selecting a plan and clicking “Order”.
Along with the ability to buy SIMs, there is also the ability to improve Terminal functionality by buying additional “Apps”. These apps include:
- Cisco Jasper integration - manage all SIMs neatly from the 1oT Terminal, even when they are provided by other operators.
- Map view with Cell ID - see where the SIMs are located by getting more accurate data about device location and visualize it on an interactive map. Map shows up on a "SIM view" (as seen on the fourth screenshot in this blogpost).
- SMS notifications - As name states, user can get notifications via SMS. This service comes with a fee of €0,05 per SMS.
- IP whitelist - Whitelist certain IP-s, from where it's possible to access Terminal account. An extra layer of security for your account
- 2FA - 2 Factor Authentication adds another layer of security to user's account.
- Clients view - With clients view, user can to create client accounts - these are sub-accounts that have access to a limited amount of SIMs. The user can restrict the client’s access to certain fields and operations, such as the client’s ability to see data prices or the option to disable/enable SIMs. Clicking on a specific sub-client opens a view where the user can create a data plan for the client. When creating the data plan, the user can specify which prices the sub-client can see and also select the SIMs the client will have access to.
- Data analytics tool – Bring in your device data via API straight to 1oT Terminal and see it visualised. Great tool to see how everything is going.
This concludes our brief overview of the 1oT Terminal. Within time it will become more functional while staying intuitive. In case of any questions, feel free to contact us at hello[at]1oT.mobi